Using the Watch App
Activating the Alarm
To manually activate the alarm:
- Touch the large on/off switch.
- The switch will flash briefly as it contacts iPhone.
- When active the switch will slide to the right.
When manually activating the alarm:
- You can also run HomeKit scenes to turn your bedside light on/off.
- You can also activate the lights off feature in AutoSleep to track your time to fall asleep. You can enable this in the settings tab of the AutoWake iPhone app.
- If you forget to enable the alarm, you can use a safety schedule so that this is automatic. This will automatically enable the alarm roughly six hours before the set time.
Setting the Alarm Time
Setting the Alarm Type
To set the alarm type:
- Touch the alarm type button.
- Use the Digital Crown to select the alarm type.
- Note the green time window text below the type picker. This indicates the time window for your selection. This is either 15 or 30 minutes before your alarm time.
- Touch Save.
About alarm types:
In the 15 or 30 minute window before the alarm will sound, your energy level (based on heart rate and motion) will be checked in 5 minute intervals against one of two threshold values. Either light, or medium. If the 5 minute energy level is above the threshold then the alarm will trigger early.
It is best to start off with the light setting.
You can check your last alarm results in the AutoWake iPhone app in the Last Alarm tab. This will show you your energy levels graphed in 5 minute blocks leading up to the alarm time. On this graph are two lines, namely Light and Medium. Here you will be able to see how close the 5 minute energy level was to either the Light or Medium setting.
Sleep Cycle Buster:
You will receive a light tap every 5 minutes within the 15 or 30 minute window before your set alarm time. This is usually not enough to wake you up, but it will take you out of deeper sleep as you get closer to the final alarm time. This usually prevents those occasions where you remain in very deep sleep until the minute your alarm fires. You are able to change the type of tap and/or disable the sleep cycle buster in AutoWake settings / Haptic section.